The Library’s Facebook page has 167 fans. I see that Patchogue Medford and Bayport-Blue Point Libraries, among others, are also on Facebook. It appears to me that most information needed about the Library can be found on the Facebook page, without having to take the next step of going to the Library’s direct web site.
In my opinion, the profile photos used for the Myspace page for the Library and the Teen Dept should be switched. The Teen Dept picture should be used on the Teen Dept Myspace and the Library logo or maybe a picture of the entrance of the Library should be used for the Library’s page. I liked Shelfari on the Library’s Myspace and the scrolling pictures from the Teen Camera Club (which should also be on the Teen Dept Myspace.)
I find that Myspace and Facebook are very similar, just a different look. Myspace is more eye appealing and personalized while Facebook is more matter of fact. Since so many people use these social networks, this is a great way for the Library to get its information out to many. But we also have to remember that there are just as many that do not use these sites. If I personally were going to use one over the other it would probably be Facebook.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment